This position is with our company Diversified Fluid Solutions, which manufactures a variety of chemical blending and distribution equipment, provides technical expertise, and delivers flawless support to meet a diverse array of high purity chemical applications.
The DFS Test Line Technician will work with the Test line Manager & Field Service Manager testing, high-purity Teflon plumbing, electrical and controls wiring, troubleshooting, mechanical maintenance, repair and commissioning of the systems. The Systems Technician will have a detailed understanding of the overall chemical distribution system design and operation, all the way up to and including the process equipment served, be able to quickly determine the root cause of a problem and to safely and quickly repair the distribution system to restore normal production operations.
- Responsible for installation and or fabrication of assemblies installed in the chemical/gas distribution and blending systems. Wiring of the system controls, system testing and troubleshooting as required.
- Troubleshoot chemical distribution system plumbing, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical components, and DC and AC electrical power, control, instrumentation and communications circuits.
- Document all changes to the System as Red Lines on area documentation and deliver a copy of the Red Lines to the Documentation Group.
- Identify problem issues and develop solutions to improve the chemical distribution systems.
- Pump repair.
- Filter replacement.
- Sensor re-calibration.
- Corrosion control.
- Chemical cleanup.
- Develop procedures and preventative maintenance routines.
- System commissioning and site service as needed.
- Communicate effectively new and on going operation and maintenance issues to the Test Line Manager on a daily basis.
- Identify areas for improvement and work with DFS Management to initiate and follow through on improvement plans Through Corrective Action Reports.
- Eliminate internal and external distractions that restrict the area from focusing on their responsibilities and tasks, thus creating an environment that enables high performance.
- Work with the other management to keep procedures, training, and expectations in sync, and work with safety, engineering, and operation staff, suppliers and production groups to provide a safe operating environment.
- Develop plans and allocate resources to address and resolve performance problems.
- Provide guidance regarding hardware modifications, participate in troubleshooting baseline reliability issues, and continually work to improve system uptime and defect problems.
- Recognize long term down situations and provide resources to minimize the amount of time that the equipment is down.
- Develop and maintain a work schedule that reflects the status of all ongoing and projected action items.
- Chemical/Gas knowledge- physical properties, potential hazards, compatibility with other chemicals and materials, routine PPE requirements, spill cleanup.
- Knowledge of working safely with hazardous chemicals and automated distribution systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to recognize abnormal or deviating operations for chemical delivery systems.
- Excellent Mechanical knowledge – use of hand and power tools, maintenance on pumps and mechanical systems, distribution system installation and construction.
- Excellent Electrical knowledge – Low Voltage & High Voltage DC and AC electrical circuits, wiring and troubleshooting power, control, instrumentation and communications circuits.
- Knowledge of basic Multimeter skills.
- PLC Knowledge – wiring, operation, troubleshooting, digital and analog I/O, programming and network communications.
- Instrumentation operation and calibration knowledge – level, pressure, temperature, flow, weight, specific gravity, pH, conductivity, refractive index, proximity and other transmitters and sensors.
- Production equipment knowledge – communications and plumbing interface between our chemical distribution systems and production equipment, and the equipment’s chemical fill requirements.
- Knowledge of high purity chemical piping and secondary containment plumbing techniques.
- Pumps knowledge – operation, maintenance and repair of electric centrifugal and pneumatic diaphragm.
- Hydraulics knowledge – fluid flow, pressure losses, viscosity, specific gravity.
- Pneumatics knowledge – solenoid valves and air operated valve actuation.
- Excellent knowledge of Energy Isolation Procedures.
- PC skills- Word, Excel, intranet, network file management.
- Ability to read and troubleshoot blue prints, wiring diagrams, written procedures and technical manuals.
- Excellent Multi-tasking skills
- Ability to Complete Technical Projects without supervision
- Excellent Communication and Customer Relation skills
- Ability to travel if needed, start up and service DFS equipment.
- Ability to work Overtime if needed.
- PC skills- MS Excel.
- PC, & PLC/HMI operation or programming
- Forklift operation
- Hazardous materials handling
- Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Team (HAZMERT) Certified.
- College Chemistry
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes medical (individual and family premiums shared between employer and employee), dental and vision coverage, HSA, Day Care reimbursement, matching 401(k), life insurance, disability, holiday and paid time off.
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further…… your career is right here!