Buck Knives creates purpose drive knives that perform for generations.
We are looking for a Sr. Buyer to join our supply chain team to help us create our legendary products.
The Buyer will be responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the needs of Buck Knives for materials, services, tooling, and other items. These products and services are to be secured through cost effective pricing, quality levels consistent with company policy, and performance standards that ensure timely planning and receipt of products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following-
• Main point of contact between external suppliers and internal team members.
• Communicate with suppliers by telephone, email or in person to direct in placing orders and/or resolving issues.
• Work cross-functionally on project requirements, deliverables, priorities, and deadlines.
• Secures and analyzes quotations; negotiates prices and terms with suppliers; and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery.
• Coordinates as appropriate, quality matters, new products, and engineering changes/developments between company and suppliers.
• Traces invoices and delinquent arrivals from Purchase Orders.
• Plan and execute procurement of goods and raw materials from manufacturers and suppliers.
• Maintain strong working relationships and communicate directly with manufacturers and suppliers to confirm production/shipping schedules and monitor open purchase orders to ensure on-time deliveries.
• Proactively report product and material availability issues.
• Work within our internal MRP system to effectively plan and place future requirements.
• Maintain purchase order status and shipment tracking information through MRP system.
• Coordinate with contract manufacturers and suppliers the required shipping and commercial documents.
• Ability to handle sharp knives and other items continuously throughout the day.