Robotic Field Service Specialist II
Salaried Position – Exempt – Full-Time
House of Design LLC, a robotics system integrator in Nampa, Idaho, is seeking an exceptional Robotic Field Service Specialist II who can lead our efforts to develop and implement cutting edge automated solutions. This full-time person will contribute to our innovative and growing business. We are an ABB Robotics Value Provider and Cognex Machine Vision System Integrator. We build small robotic systems to full complete production lines for many different manufacturing industries.
We offer great challenges in an innovative and creative environment. There is opportunity for increasing responsibility and rewards with success.
• Troubleshooting, modifying, and documenting enhancements to software programming for ABB Robot Controllers using RobotStudio/Rapid Code and various PLC formats.
• Troubleshooting of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems plus various automation components of robotic systems.
• Experience with integration of Safety PLC’s and machine vision systems.
• Knowledge of industrial standards in safety and automation systems.
• Able to understand and interpret panel layout, schematics and troubleshooting electrical circuits and components.
• Perform robotic cell program fine-tuning, troubleshooting, assembly and wiring during system builds, installation and warranty service calls.
• Ensure mechanical, electrical, software quality and safety robustness of every House of Design robot system before leaving customer site when doing service calls.
• Provide customer technical support for robotic systems.
• Up to 50% travel to customer locations for initial system installation, customer approval testing, service calls, and warranty support.
We are looking for a proactive highly motivated self-starter with an action bias and strong sense of urgency with the following qualifications:
• Able to rewrite and or implement robotic/PLC/Safety programming code for needed changes to Robotic Systems.
• Desire to innovate and create with a willingness to stretch the limits of what has been done before.
• Willingness to implement processes, instructions, and strategies to improve our performance as a team.
• Communicate both verbal and written feedback to the home office on all field trouble issues.
• Willing and able to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
• Solid organizational skills including detail-oriented personality and multitasking skills.
• Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot equipment problems and perform system tests.
Education and Experience:
• A degree from an EE, ME, or Mechatronics major is preferred, but not required.
• 2-4 years of Field Service experience in machine/control, software troubleshooting involving the integration of electromechanical or pneumatic motion and robotics.
• Candidates with 2-4 years of experience with SolidWorks and ABB RobotStudio are preferred.
• Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time along with walking, sitting, repetitive movement, reaching (including but not limited to above shoulder reaching), repetitive bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, leaning, and twisting.
Annual salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k available after introductory period for full-time employees.
The House of Design is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.