About Black Sage
We are a Counter Unmanned Aerial Systems (C-UAS) integrator, serving the United States and our foreign allied governments. Our mission is to keep civilians and military safe from the fastest growing threats of our time by solving time sensitive problems in national defense and terrorism.
We make rapidly evolving, layered C-UAS systems which provide persistent protection across varied threat environments and mission sets. We take on the rigorous task of trialing, fielding and developing the C-UAS kill-chain to ensure customers receive the best of breed sensors, effectors and systems for their mission.
The Quality Manager will support our Business Operations team and complement the work being done by our software and hardware engineers. You will conduct activities involving quality assurance and compliance in accordance with our QMS. You will audit and review quality data according to existing documents and procedures. You will report directly to the COO. This position will have direct exposure to complex tasks within the job function. Requires 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Be responsible for reporting the status of the QMS to the leadership team, weekly.
- Proactively follow up with suppliers or stakeholders regarding the status of RMA’s, CAR/PAR’s, and other time sensitive QMS issues.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g., developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases that satisfy both customer hardware and software requirements.
- Ensure that customer requirements are correctly captured and that both software and hardware testing requirements are understood and that the data is captured to support successful completion of FAT and OSAT.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Comfortable working in a start-up tech company environment
- Familiar with standardized test methods and routines
- Ability to coach other team members on the importance of quality
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in understanding QA best practices and team processes
- Firm understanding of security best practices and implementation of
- ISO9001 Lead Auditor
- AS9100 experience preferred
- Experience with RMA’s, vendor evaluation, and document control
- Experience providing timely and constructive feedback
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive and creative attitude
- Some late nights required but the daily schedule is flexible
- Working remote is not typically feasible for this work
- Current Secret clearance or ability to obtain and maintain
- Travel may be required up to x%
- Required COVID Vaccination and/or willingness and ability to test as required to fulfill role or comply with local, state, or federal mandates or executive orders
- All other duties as assigned
Black Sage Technologies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.