Reports to: Purchasing Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Autovol is committed to building top-quality, affordable housing by empowering a devoted team of savvy Solutioneers with the latest in automation technology for off-site volumetric construction.
We have the ability to change the way we build through the automation of the construction processes. Autovol, Inc. in Nampa, ID, is the first fully automated volumetric modular factory in the USA, and the most advanced modular factory across the World. Apply today and join the team that will shape the future of construction.
DESCRIPTION AND DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
The primary role of this position is to perform cost estimates for modular manufacturing construction projects. This information will be primarily used by management to bid on potential contracts The right candidate will be eager to learn, be well organized, detail-oriented, and focused on the success of the team/company.
- Collect historical cost data to estimate costs for current or future products.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments, to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Assess the cost-effectiveness of products, projects, or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Solid problem solving and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional listener with excellent time management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to management direction
- Follows instructions, both written and verbal
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Pass a pre-employment drug test
- Job costing: 2 years
- Estimating: 2 years
- Project Management: 1 year
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Seven (7) paid holidays
- 100% Employer-paid Medical plan for employee (only)
- Voluntary dental and vision coverage
- Local perks, including discounted Axiom memberships
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequent speaking, listening, sitting, use of hands/fingers, handling other objects with adequate breaks.
- This position will sometimes require standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, or crouching.
Autovol is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate based on gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Autovol is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities under the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws. Autovol is a tobacco & drug-free workplace.