OUR COMPANY: Founded in 2004, Johnson Thermal Systems (JTS) is the largest and leading provider of Power Packaging, Power Distribution Centers and Industrial Refrigeration Units. All equipment is designed and manufactured by our team, in our facility. At JTS, we are proud to have a ‘work focused’ culture that demands the very best of our staff. As a company, we are committed to ongoing training and education to support our staff and ensure, every job we complete is right the first time.
Why You Are Needed:
As an Assembler we are looking to you to be responsible for working safely as part of a team assembling sheet metal control house buildings using a variety of hand and power tools. It requires knowledge of the whole assembly process to enable each team member to rotate through all or most tasks rather than being assigned to a specific task on a permanent basis.
What You Will Need to Succeed:
Education: High school graduate or GED
Experience: Must have at least 2 experience in a manufacturing or construction environment, preferably using hand and power tools.
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses.
• Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of sheet metal structures
• Ability to interpret blue prints and drawings.
• Mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, fractions and using a tape measure.
• Ability to rotate through all the tasks required including; screwing panels together, installing insulation, using power tools such as drills, grinders and a welder.
• Ability to operate heavy equipment such as forklifts and overhead cranes.
• Determining project requirements, including scope, assembly sequences, and required methods and materials, according to blueprints, drawings, and written or verbal instructions.
• Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material, according to drawings or templates, using calculators, squares, and measuring tapes.
• Fasten seams and joints together with bolts, rivets, caulks, and metal drive clips to assemble components into product.
• Assemble and fit prefabricated parts to form subassemblies.
• Ability to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all organizational levels.
• Ability to conduct self in a respectful and appropriate manner.
• Ability to safely perform tasks and produce a quality product in an efficient and productive manner to meet schedule.
• Ability to reason and apply principles of logic to a wide range of factors when monitoring and working on jobs.
• Being reliable, responsible and dependable
• Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
What You Will Receive in Return:
• Competitive Salary
• 120 hours of PTO
• 9 Paid Holidays
• Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Corporate Health Club Membership
• Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment requiring awkward stances and positions such as stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching for periods of time throughout an 8 to 10 hour day.
• Ability to stand and walk for majority of 8 to 10 hour day, bend, lift and carry product, equipment and tools up to 50 pounds throughout the day; push or pull product up to 100 pounds several times per shift; use hand tools up to 20 pounds over extended periods of time
• Must be able to work from 20’ ladders.
• Ability to work in all weather extremes for extended periods of time.
• Company is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment and random drug testing will be conducted.
• A pre-employment background check will be conducted.
• Pre-employment competency testing specific to the job requirements.