Image National Signs is a full-service, turnkey sign manufacturing company where our employees use their creativity and talent to invent new solutions, meet new demands and offer the most effective services/products in the industry. We are currently seeking candidates that are highly motivated and talented paint preppers to join our growing team.
In this position our paint preppers will prep all sign products for paint that are produced by Image National, including sheet metal, aluminum, steel, acrylic sheet, flex face and sign foam in various finishes involving sanding, masking, and all other proper prepping techniques.
- Advanced knowledge in proper prepping techniques and proper use of tools and materials required to prep on various metals, acrylics, and foam.
- Ability to mask straight lines and use proper masking techniques.
- Perform proper prepping techniques as required for the painting of various products.
- Maintain a safe working environment in the paint department. Observe and assist in enforcement of safety rules and regulations.
- Properly care for and maintain prepping equipment and respiratory equipment.
- Maintain prepping area.
- Inform plant manager of any accidents in the paint department.
- Assist in maintaining floors and filters in the paint booths and mix rooms.
- Identify products by making sure signs are labeled with correct job number.
- Ability to open blueprints and job travelers on computer
- Ability to wear all required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Ability to use proper tools and materials required for paint prep.
- Knowledge of paints, thinners, and finishes.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Ability to exert (push, pull, lift, etc.) up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to move about to accomplish tasks including twisting, turning.
- Ability to read blueprints and scale ruler.
- Perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently, accurately, safely, and in a timely manner.
- Perform essential duties of the job without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of self or others.
- Work well with others in a team consisting of 2-6 members.
- Job is performed inside, protected from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
- Job involves interaction in atmospheric conditions which may include the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- Job requires wearing a respirator and/or fresh air system.
- Job requires overtime, including weekend work, as necessary to meet workloads and scheduling.
We believe our employees are our best asset and we provide a benefit package that includes a
- Medical, Dental, Life insurance
- Generous PTO
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company paid wellness program with access to a Health Coach, Nurse and Physician.