Hours: Monday – Friday
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Pay Range: DOE
Under general supervision, fabricates high quality metal signs effectively and efficiently.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Plans, coordinates, and delegates sheet metal projects to subordinates to ensure department
meets expectations and deadlines.
2. Reviews plans and diagrams to ensure accuracy of cutting of materials to create sign parts.
3. Plans, prepares, and uses materials to be cut in a matter to keep waste to a minimum.
4. Cuts materials consistent with specifications of job order
5. Operates metal cutting equipment to accurately cut materials to job specifications.
6. Operates welding equipment to weld sign parts together.
7. Implements and maintains quality control and safety during material handling, cutting, and
8. Sands, grinds, polishes, and cleans cut materials.
9. Layout materials to be used for skinning/covering sign structure.
10. Bends and shapes sign parts by hand or by using brakes according to job specifications.
11. Drills, rivets, screws, or glues sign parts together
12. Performs pre-painting and wiring preparation by cleaning and labeling of parts.
13. Trains sheet metal helpers and apprentices according to Image National requirements
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures that internal customers have the fabricated parts and materials to complete projects in
downstream processes in a timely manner.
2. Moves materials and cut parts around the Image National facility.
3. Maintains a safe working environment.
4. Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned.
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS
3+ years of demonstrated experience in sheet metal fabrication.
Completion of a sheet metal apprenticeship program preferred.
Any combination of training, education and experience which provides the following knowledge, abilities,
and skills in lieu of working experience:
1. Ability to read, interpret and apply specification documents, government coding documents.
information, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
2. Ability to apply geometric and algebraic mathematical calculations.
3. Ability to move materials, equipment, cutting and complete projects.
4. Ability to effectively communicate and to supervise employees.
5. Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
6. Must be able to meet production goals while ensuring the quality of the product.
7. Current 3G Welding certificate (preferred)