Are you looking for a mission-driven organization that works as a collaborative team with a great purpose?
Are you inspired to lead TechHelp’s ef orts to create impact and make client and partner connections throughout
Are you seeking an exciting career opportunity working autonomously within an organization that would benefit
from your talents in business development and outreach to Idaho manufacturers and a network of regional
Join our team to enhance the regional manufacturing community and use your knowledge and experience to help
build Idaho’s manufacturing sector!
TechHelp, Idaho’s Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) center, is seeking a talented and creative
Manufacturing Specialist to act as a client manager for our Eastern Idaho region. In this role, you will drive
business growth and manage technical and training services for Idaho manufacturers. The Manufacturing
Specialist will develop relationships with client company leadership to consult on continuous improvement,
advanced manufacturing, business management, and growth strategies. As a TechHelp Manufacturing
Specialist, you will work in a fun and fast-paced team environment and be a part of the rich history of Idaho
You will have the opportunity to:
● Proactively engage company leaders to make decisions on critical improvement initiatives and
develop business opportunities to provide consulting services.
● Assist clients with continuous improvement and advanced manufacturing implementation, training,
and technical assistance, including vetting additional consulting resources to meet client needs.
● Stay on the cutting edge of advanced manufacturing methods as an affiliate of the nationwide NIST
Manufacturing Extension Partnership.
● Collaborate to meet client needs with private consultants, TechHelp Manufacturing Specialists,
university (Idaho State, Boise State, and the University of Idaho) faculty, staff, and students, and
partner MEP centers.
● Develop ongoing relationships with the top leadership of regional public and private organizations.
● Use a high level of autonomy, effectively champion TechHelp’s internal and external capabilities to
achieve near and long-term ROI.
● Travel throughout Idaho in support of activities to meet new people, create connections, and increase
TechHelp’s impact on manufacturing.
Minimum Qualifications: (list the suggested minimum education, knowledge, skills, and abilities
needed to perform this position.)
● Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field.
● Knowledge: Understanding of the strategic leadership roles (finance, operations, sales/marketing,
product development, technology, human resources, etc.) of manufacturing/engineering companies.
● Experience: 5 years in manufacturing or engineering work environments.
● Worked as a consultant and can develop relationships with senior leadership and clients.
● Functioned in a supervisory role.
● Led organizations and managed projects that created transformational change.
● Involved with decision-making on the implementation of advanced manufacturing technologies.
● Worked with holistic operational excellence teams.
Must have access to a personal vehicle and possession of a valid driver’s license for travel throughout the
region and the state.
Salary and benefits: The hiring salary range is $85K to $95K, commensurate with education and experience.
The position is eligible for an incentive plan and includes excellent benefits, including comprehensive health,
dental, and vision; life insurance; disability plan; employee assistance program (EAP); excellent retirement
options and company contribution; and generous paid time off/sick leave accrual. All offers of employment
are conditional, pending the successful completion of a background investigation provided by HireRight.
Required Application Materials: Cover letter, resume, and 3 references.
Closing Date: August 27, 2023
As a part of the National Institute of Standards and Technology- Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NIST
MEP) National Network, TechHelp gives Idaho companies access to the knowledge and expertise of a national
network of 1,500 manufacturing experts at 51 Centers (https://www.nist.gov/mep).
A partnership of Boise State, the University of Idaho, Idaho State University, and the Idaho Manufacturing
Alliance, TechHelp is proud to be Idaho’s NIST MEP center. Our team provides statewide access to services and
resources from university-based offices in Boise, Coeur d’Alene, Twin Falls, and Pocatello. Our mission is to
grow Idaho manufacturers, food processors, and entrepreneurs and improve their competitiveness through
continuous product and process innovation.
As Idaho’s Economic Development Administration University Center, TechHelp leverages university resources
to create growth and jobs in rural and underserved areas of Idaho. Across the state, we give our clients access
to a network of local, regional, and national resources through our university, private sector, and national MEP
About Idaho State University:
Idaho State University, established in 1901, is a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution
with a culture built on trust, compassion, stability, and hope. ISU serves over 12,000 students in Pocatello,
Meridian, Twin Falls, and Idaho Falls. Students and faculty at ISU are leading the way in cutting-edge research
and innovative solutions. We are proud to offer exceptional academics nestled in the grand, natural beauty of
the West. We invite you to apply to be a part of our University community