As a pioneer in the wood grinding industry, Diamond Z has established a global reputation for manufacturing the highest quality, most durable, easy to service, and most productive industrial grinders available.
At the cornerstone of the industry, our innovative, state of the art grinders are the most cost effective and profitable for our customers. Diamond Z offers a broad range of tub, horizontal, and solid waste grinder models designed to suit any application. From composting to construction and demolition, land clearing to tire disposal, municipal solid waste to asphalt shingle grinding, nothing out grinds the Diamond Z.
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for a range of activities related to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of integrated systems for managing DZ’s industrial production processes including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis, and production coordination.
- Estimates production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve manufacturing processes or products to reduce costs, using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, and product design materials and parts.
- Analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives of our finished products.
- Confer with clients, vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, product and production specifications, manufacturing capabilities, or project status.
- Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
- Maintains necessary and required documentation.
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Understands and follows all Diamond Z Safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned or needed
- Develop practices to eliminate waste.
- Support 5S activities.
- Assists with special projects.
- Travel to job sites, trade shows, or customer locations as needed.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings to promote a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and 5 years of professional work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency with 3D CAD software, SolidWorks preferred.
- Ability to function in a production environment and communicate comfortably with associates in all levels of the organization.
- Proficient with Windows and MS Office.
- Prior experience with an ERP tool, Epicor preferred.
- Experience with steel fabrication and terminology is a plus.
- Ability to occasionally travel
The Manufacturing Engineer will generally work in a controlled climate office environment but will also frequently be in a fabrication shop and yard environment with possible exposure to the elements and other hazards.
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance policies.
- 401(k) options with up to 4% company match.
- $20,000 Life Insurance Policy for the employee paid for by Diamond Z.
- Prorated PTO amount for the employee’s first year of employment after the completion of 90 day probationary period.
- Graduated PTO schedule based on seniority within the company at the 1 year, 5, year, and 10 year anniversaries.
- Supplemental benefit policies available for buy in including Long and Short Term Disability, employee discount on any purchased tools/items, employee reduced cost on company branded uniforms, Voluntary Life Insurance for the employee, spouse, and children with Guaranteed Issue
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. DZ Grinders, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information regarding this position.