POSITION: Journeyman Electrician STATUS: Full-time, Non-Exempt
ABOUT US: Founded in 2006, Johnson Thermal Systems (JTS) is the largest and leading provider of Power Packaging, Power Distribution Centers, and Industrial Refrigeration Units. We are proud to be American made as all equipment is designed and manufactured by our team located in Caldwell, Idaho. As a company, we value quality service and dedication to ensure every job is done right. We believe great work comes from a strong set of values; you can expect to be a part of a workforce committed to generating a difference.
JOB SUMMARY: This role will assemble, modify and install electrical equipment and controls for industrial and commercial units. Reporting to the Electrical Lead, this position helps ensure our high-quality standards are met by monitoring and directing the work of others including apprentices, electrical helpers, and general laborers as required.
WHAT JTS OFFERS:
- A competitive salary based on experience, with monthly bonus potential;
- Generous PTO balance;
- Comprehensive Health/Dental/Vision Insurance that is affordable;
- 8 paid holidays;
- 401k with an Employer match;
- A fun, fast-paced culture with company events and professional growth opportunities.
- Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, and reports to determine material requirements and assembly instruction;
- Lay out and install electrical raceways including conduit, wire ways, and cable trays;
- Inspect and test house utilities and control wiring to identify malfunctions or defects using diagrams and testing equipment;
- Provide direction and monitoring of work for apprentices, electrical helpers, and general laborers with electrical work duties;
- Perform assembly and installation of electrical equipment and house utilities per instructions, specifications, and wiring schematics;
- Other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
- Successful completion of National Electrical Code (NEC) certified journeyman apprenticeship or similar apprenticeship program, hours worked/experience, and testing requirements to attain journeyman status as required by the state or from a state that has reciprocity agreement with Idaho, required;
- 2+ years’ experience as an Electrician in industrial or construction setting, required;
- Current Journeyman’s Electrical license in the state of Idaho, required;
- Idaho state contractor’s license, a plus;
- Extensive knowledge of high voltage equipment;
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the installation of electrical components of control panels and control houses;
- Ability to read and understand electrical and control schematics to include layout drawings with ability to interpret each and report any discrepancies within blueprints and wiring schematics;
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in the use of equipment including, Voltmeter, MEGGER Tester, Light Meter, and a tape measure;
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all organizational levels in a professional, respectful manner;
- Reliable, responsible, and dependable are must-have traits;
- Prioritize safety when performing tasks and producing a quality product in an efficient and productive manner to meet production schedule.;
- Ability to reason and apply principles of logic to a wide range of factors when monitoring and working on jobs;
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness in completing work tasks;
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
JTS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer