POSITION: Commercial Manager STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
ABOUT US: Founded in 2006, Johnson Thermal Systems (JTS) is the largest and leading provider of Power Packaging, Power Distribution Centers, and Industrial Refrigeration Units. We are proud to be American made as all equipment is designed and manufactured by our team located in Caldwell, Idaho. As a company, we value quality service and dedication to ensure every job is done right. We believe great work comes from a strong set of values; you can expect to be a part of a workforce committed to generating a difference.
JOB SUMMARY: The Commercial Manager will receive requests for proposals and is responsible for developing a technical and commercial proposal for customers, including anticipated labor, required material, and overall scope for each proposal. This position will collaborate with fellow estimators, engineers, purchasing agents as well as other departments to accurately calculate an estimate.
WHAT JTS OFFERS:
- A competitive salary with bonus potential.
- Generous PTO balance offered.
- Comprehensive Health/Dental/Vision Insurance that is affordable.
- 8 paid holidays.
- 401k with an Employer match.
- Employee Assistance Program
- A fun, fast-paced culture with company events and professional growth opportunities.
- Communicate with customers to clarify their request for proposal;
- Review customer specifications and determine scope of project;
- Define costs associated with engineering, production labor, materials, services, and equipment for use in developing proposals for customers;
- Interface with vendors to obtain pricing for quotes;
- Host internal reviews with different departments depending upon complexity of project and document necessary updates;
- Develop and submit proposals to customers;
- Confirm final selling price with appropriate JTS personnel;
- Maintain databases to facilitate the collection of data for estimates including continually updating material and labor costs;
- Perform peer reviews and assist with questions;
- Execute commercial risk management process;
- Use resources effectively to generate solutions and take initiative when resolving problems;
- Assist the sales and various other departments with other customer requests;
- Other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Some college in a related field preferred;
- 3+ years of providing outstanding customer service skills required;
- Experience using Adobe and Microsoft Office products;
- Experience using AutoCAD is preferred but not required;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in a formal or informal presentation environment;
- Ability to effectively interact with individuals at all organizational levels;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task and handle varying tasks simultaneously to meet deadline;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material;
- Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project as well as handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines;
- Ability to use resources effectively to generate solutions and take initiative when solving problems.
JTS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.