POSITION: Electrical Apprentice (Tier 1-4)
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
ABOUT US: Founded in 2006, JTS is the largest and leading provider of Power Packaging,
Power Distribution Centers, and Industrial Refrigeration Units.
We are proud to be American made as all equipment is designed and manufactured by our team
located in Caldwell, Idaho. As a company, we value quality service and dedication to ensure
every job is done right. We believe great work comes from a strong set of values; you can
expect to be a part of a workforce committed to generating a difference.
JOB SUMMARY: The Electrical Apprentice will be responsible for installing the standard and
more complex conduit and electrical components into buildings. Requires basic math skills,
mechanical aptitude, ability to read blueprints, and high level of problem-solving ability.
Performs multiple routine or semi-complex tasks and troubleshoots more complex tasks with
independent exercise of judgment. Performs duties with little or no supervision. Assists the
lead in development and training of employees in the conduit and electrical operation.
WHAT JTS OFFERS:
• A competitive salary with bonus potential;
• Generous PTO balance offered;
• Comprehensive Health/Dental/Vision Insurance that is affordable;
• 8 paid holidays;
• 401k with an Employer match;
• A fun, fast-paced culture with company events and professional growth
• Reads and interprets blueprints, with no supervision.
• Installs complex conduit configurations per blueprint specification using appropriate
• Mounts electrical boxes, fixtures, and enclosures.
• Stocks and sets up electrical wire carts.
• Pulls wire through conduit and makes ground connections.
• Reads blueprints to determine placement of wire.
• Installs wire for complex configurations.
• Installs and covers receptacles and switches.
• Properly performs wiring insulation resistance, continuity, and point-to-point
• Performs operational checks to ensure quality and employee proficiency.
• Keeps inventory of parts in the area.
• Trained and proficient in the National Electrical Code.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by crew leader or supervisor.
• Other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED is required.
• A degree in Industrial electricity or training in electrical is required.
• Prior electrical experience is required.
• Must demonstrate basic math skills.
• Able to read a tape measure.
• Ability to read blueprints.
• Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Must demonstrate ability to perform multiple or semi-complex tasks with limited
exercise of judgment.
• Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
• Requires wearing personal protective gear, such as protective eyewear and steel-toed
• Requires regularly picking up objects with fingers such as nuts, bolts, screws, and
• Requires working for extended periods of time in a standing position while installing
• Requires ability to ascend, descend, and work from a ladder.
• Requires stooping and crouching. Requires working in confined spaces while installing
• Must be able to lift and exert a force up to 50 lbs. occasionally when transporting
materials on the job.
• Requires a high degree of attention to detail.
• Numerical intelligence is a requirement for reading a tape measure and blueprint
JTS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer