This position is with our company Diversified Fluid Solutions, which manufactures a variety of chemical blending and distribution equipment, provides technical expertise, and delivers flawless support to meet a diverse array of high purity chemical applications.
SUMMARY: Provide design and documentation support for any internal or external customer projects. All designs are produced using SOLIDWORKS, AutoCAD, Word, Excel or customer defined software per the project defined scope. Coordinate with engineering and manufacturing with a design effort resulting in complete construction documents with consideration for the planning of future requirements, and code compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following;
- Maintain good communication within the Design organization, with other engineering disciplines, and with all customers throughout the organization.
- Design and draft complete, legible, and accurate working drawings utilizing SOLIDWORKS and AutoCAD including various systems and supports for the manufacturing and installation of equipment.
- Review compliance with manufacturer’s specifications and requirements of UBC, UFC, NEC, NFPA, UL, City, State, and other jurisdictional agencies.
- Coordinate the engineering design schedule and document production.
- Assist with the control of external design consultants, CAD resources and/or contractors.
- Interface with customer coordinators, engineers, and users to provide drawings for manufacturing and installation of equipment. Communicates constantly with engineers and other designers regarding project engineering and design.
- Be able to make decisions and present questions during construction to mitigate unanticipated construction changes related to system design and engineering following a management of change procedure.
- Organize files and drawings for issue to manufacturing and record keeping utilizing hard file and software systems to include project files and customer required documentation.
- Be aware of safety requirements to assure protection of team member life and health and develop all designs to achieve safe installations.
SPECIFICATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Able to work on multiple tasks concurrently, with the ability to prioritize and schedule workload.
- In-depth knowledge of SOLIDWORKS, AutoCAD, and Windows required software.
- Proficient with PCs, Plotters, and Printers.
- Excellent team working, communication, organizational, and people skills.
- Ability to exercise strong problem solving skills and apply appropriate solutions.
- Good service attitude.
Education and/or experience
AAS degree in design, technical sciences, or engineering. Equivalent experience may be considered. 5 years of design/drafting experience with a concentration in mechanical piping or electrical panel design preferred.
Don’t live local to Boise, ID but been intrigued by what it has to offer? Relocation is always a possibility for the right candidate! Check out this information to get a better feel of the area:
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes medical (individual and family premiums shared between employer and employee), dental and vision coverage, HSA, Day Care reimbursement, matching 401(k), life insurance, disability, holiday and paid time off.
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further…your career is right here!