What is the Idaho Manufacturing Alliance (IMA)?
The Idaho Manufacturing Alliance was originally founded as the Southwest Idaho Manufacturers’ Alliance (SWIMA) in the fall of 2013 through efforts of local manufacturing company executives and economic development representatives recognizing the unique challenges and opportunities of manufacturing in Southwest Idaho.
SWIMA began hosting events in 2014 with official memberships beginning in December of 2014.
In 2021, SWIMA officially transitioned to the IMA to increase the impact and benefits it offered to and for the industry.
A membership organization focused on nurturing an environment of knowledge sharing, innovation, and sustainable growth for manufacturing in Idaho.
The Idaho Manufacturing Alliance is an organization created by manufacturers, for manufacturers. We are committed to advocate for the industry and to be an integral link between manufacturing companies, partners, and agencies. We will promote the economic and career benefits of manufacturing to positively influence public perception and to aid the development of a strong workforce.
- Passion for the manufacturing industry
- Advocacy through community collaboration
- Dedication to authenticity, integrity & service
- Building awareness through knowledge sharing
- Connecting manufacturers to tangible and economic resources
The IMA achieves these goals by focusing on the following roles and core activities:
- Offering regular meetings, trainings, and events to enable networking among manufacturers.
- Creating an environment for collaboration and sharing for all things related to the manufacturing; supply chain, logistics, best practices, etc.
- Unifying manufacturers to influence regulatory and political decisions.
- Providing resources for education on topics including leadership, management, operations, legislation, codes and regulations, human and financial resources, as well as manufacturing principles.
Partnering with other member organizations whose efforts and/or programs benefit the manufacturing community.